Thursday, April 16, 2009

Welcome to Pytheas! This is an exciting time for the Pytheas Center as we reach out and share the world of contemporary non-pop music with all who are open to this wonderful art source. Just a few thoughts from minds greater than my own to get us going. EXPLORE, LISTEN & ENJOY!

Some people wish above all to conform to the rules, I wish only to render what I can hear. There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law.
~ Claude Debussy

I'll have to satisfy myself by knowing that the way I do my public service is by creating good art.
~ John Adams

Whether one calls oneself conservative or revolutionary, whether one composes in a conventional or progressive manner, whether one tries to imitate old styles or is destined to express new ideas, one must be convinced of the infallibility of one's own fantasy and one must believe in one's own inspiration.
~ Arnold Schoenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment